VTA Pneumatic Viscosel
For Continuous Viscosity Control
The VTA-120 includes viscosity indication and control in one complete package and is widely used on line in the printing and coatings industries for automatic addition of solvents. The Viscosel is a pneumatic viscosity indicator for inexpensive viscosity control in explosion proof environments.
Features And Benefits
- Convenient & Inexpensive
- Viscosity measurement and control combined in one compact package that mounts easily to process equipment on the production floor. Operating method uses the well-accepted coaxial cylinder principle of viscosity measurement.
- The Viscosel®'s sensitive response and automatic operation assures continuous conditioning of fluid.
- Measures In-line
- Eliminates time constraints associated with viscosity analysis of grab samples in the laboratory; provides early detection and correction of in-process deviations from desired set points.
- Quality Control
- Decreases raw material and product waste; maintains control of desirable product qualities (coating thickness, ink printability, % solids, etc.)
- Easy to clean
- Only the measuring cylinder and sample chamber come in contact with the sample. They can be easily cleaned or - if necessary - replaced without re-calibration.
- Easy to Change Range
- Measuring cylinders hook on and off easily, without tools and without need to adjust the instrument.
- Standard or Custom Mounting
- Using the standard mount, the Viscosel® can be moved wherever and whenever required. Custom bracket, cart, and tank mounts are available
- ±1% accuracy full scale
- The Viscosel® is guaranteed to be accurate within ±1% of the range in use and reproducible to ±0.5% of full scale range.
- Easy-to-read viscosity indication
- The easily read set point mark and viscosity indicator are in parallel when the instrument is on control, making possible a quick visual check, even from a distance.
- Safe pneumatic operation
- The Viscosel® and its drive, the indicator/controller and the valve for solvent addition are all pneumatically operated, without complex electronic circuits.
- Finely modulated control
- The Viscosel® system offers on/off pneumatic control with 1% throttling action. Whether working with inks, coatings or lacquers, the instrument maintains constant viscosity by controlled solvent addition. The viscometer is also available as a transducer only.
- Range: 0-35 cP min 0-2000 cP max
- Output: 0-15 psig to solvent valve; 3-15 psig linear signal proportional to viscosity to receiver gauge and optional recorder
- Input Air: 20-22 psig regulated input; 3 scfm consumption max.
- Flow: Sample chamber requires 1 gpm max.
|Adhesives, solvent based
|Paints, Inks, Coatings
||Inks, offset & lithographic